Cole Library offers meeting room space to members of the library community as part of the library’s role as a community center. To reserve meeting room space, a Room Reservation form must be completed and turned in at the library. Renewals of room reservations may be completed by calling Kristin Reimann at (319) 895-4201 between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Mondays through Fridays.
Members of the Mount Vernon Public Library Community may schedule:
- Room 108 on the First Floor of the library late afternoon /evening/ weekend (3:30 to 9:00 PM). The room accommodates 25 classroom style/ 40 theatre style. Groups scheduling the room may not exceed its capacity. Room 108 is equipped for video projection. Patrons who will use the AV equipment in the room must pay a refundable $25 damage deposit at the time of the reservation. Damage to equipment will be charged to the individual making the reservation. Unless there is a damage assessment, deposits will be returned by mail to the contact named on the reservation form within five days after the room use.
- Room 310, on the third floor of the library. This conference room accommodates 14 persons. Groups scheduling the conference room may not exceed its capacity.
- Room 326, on the third floor of the library. This is the smallest of our conference rooms and can accommodate 8 persons. Groups scheduling the room may not exceed its capacity.
Rules regarding room use:
- Meetings held in these rooms must not disrupt the general service of the library.
- Meeting rooms are not to be used for financial gain.
- Storage of equipment and materials is not allowed. No materials of any type may be attached to walls or doors.
- The library reserves the right to revoke permission to use a room if it is needed for library purposes. Every attempt will be made to find an acceptable alternate time.
- Users may bring snacks and beverages into the library. Food may also be ordered fro Cafe Bon Appetit catering services by contacting (319) 895-4420 or visiting the dining services website.
- Patrons using the rooms must take reasonable precautions to avoid damage to equipment, furnishings, floor cover and other library property. The library reserves the right to require compensation for damage from users.