Peter Thomas and Cole Library are hosting a 3 hour workshop on Saturday, October 6: Making Miniature Books. The workshop will take place on the second floor of the library, and is open to 5 adult participants from the community. The cost is $25.00, which includes materials. If you are unable to participate in the workshop, you can still tour the gypsy wagon. Tours will be held on the half hour from 1-5.
Are you always looking for the next great read? Then join us at the library for the Fall Community Book Talk on Thursday, October 25 at Noon! Call Char, 895-4018 or Kristin, 895-4201 to reserve your lunch!
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Wednesday, September 19
Cole Library Room 108
Call 895-4271 to reserve your seat!
The first installment of our new program, Teen Movie Nights, starts on October 3rd at 6:30pm and features Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog. This musical comedy follows Dr. Horrible, an up-and-coming super villain, who attempts to conquer the world, thwart his nemesis Captain Hammer, and win the affection of kind-hearted Penny. Each movie goer will receive a free popcorn and drink. Please RSVP to 895-4271 to reserve a seat.
Come join us for the movie “The Hunger Games” on Monday, October 22nd at 1:00 p.m. Call 895-4271 to reserve your seat!
BNA provides comprehensive life histories of the bird species that inhabit the US and Canada. In addition to written information about each species, there are also images and audio clips of songs.
State of Iowa paper forms and tax booklets will no longer be available at Cole Library.
Still want paper? Options for state taxes include:
- Forms and instructions available online at www.iowa.gov/tax. The online form is fillable.
- Call the forms order line at 1-800-532-1531
- Request a form by e-mail at IowaTaxForms@Iowa.gov
- Request a form by mail – Iowa Department of Revenue; P.O. Box 10460; Des Moines IA 50306-0460
- Pick up a booklet at the IDR office on the 4th floor of the Hoover State Office Building, located at 1305 E. Walnut in Des Moines
- NOTE: due to limited availability, only one booklet will be provided to each customer.
Federal Reproducible Tax Forms and Instructions are
available to copy at Cole Library.
You may use the IRS web site at www.irs.gov/formspubs to search, print, or download tax products and information 24 hours a day.