To manage the safety of patrons and the library staff we are going to offer curbside pickup during the Covid-19 pandemic beginning on Tuesday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
To participate in curbside pickup:
- Search for an item in the Cole Library catalog. In the far left column check the box for Cole Library (not Libraries Worldwide). You can also narrow your search by type of material, i.e. book, DVD, audiobook, etc. Curbside pickup is for in house materials only. Make sure your items are available – items will say “available” with a green check vs “checked out”. We ask that patrons limit their selections to 7 items per library visit.
- Once you’ve chosen your titles you can either fill out a request form here or email them to Public Library Director Cathy Boggs at email@example.com or call her at 319-895-4262.
- The library staff pulling the books will be wearing a mask and gloves for your protection. Please wear a mask when you pick up your items for the protection of others.
- Curbside pickup will be in or outside the south entryway on the first floor. The entryway ONLY will be open for pick up on Mondays from 10:00am – 6:00pm and Tuesdays 10:00am – 4:00pm – however you can fill out a form, email, or call anytime.
- 1 person or household in the entryway at a time for social distancing. Please wait 6ft from the entryway door if another person is already using the entryway.
- Your materials will be in a taped plastic bag clearly marked with your name and safety guidelines. Please touch only your bag.
- The materials you check out should be returned to the drop box in the library parking lot. The materials are then checked in and put in quarantine for 72 hours before they can be checked out again.
We are following the science as we work to make materials available to you. Our guidelines were developed using information from the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services’ National Institutes of Health provided here. If you have any questions about this new arrangement please feel free to call or email Director Cathy Boggs.