Like a book group for your ears, PodClub connects people to and through podcasts. Each month members will listen to a selection of episodes from a new podcast and then meet to share and discuss. PodClub meets one Monday a month, from 7:00-8:00, in room 310.
Next meeting: Monday, December 16
This month, PodClub is listening to The Kitchen Sisters series Hidden Kitchens.
Hidden Kitchens, the duPont-Columbia and James Beard Award winning radio series on NPR’s Morning Edition, explores the world of unexpected, below the radar cooking, legendary meals and eating traditions — how communities come together through food. Hidden Kitchens travels the globe chronicling kitchen cultures, past and present. Produced by The Kitchen Sisters and mixed by Jim McKee. Made possible by in part by The National Endowment for the Humanities, Newman’s Own Foundation, and contributors to The Kitchen Sisters Productions.
PodClub members should listen to these 10 episodes:
- Episode 66: Sugar in the Milk
- Episode 64: Kimchi Diplomacy
- Episode 59: Weenie Royale
- Episode 57: War and Peace and Coffee
- Epiosode 51: Harvest on Big Rice Lake
- Episode 45: Hidden Kitchen Mama
- Episode 41: A Secret Civil Rights Kitchen
- Episode 40: New Orleans – Cowboys, Indians, Broncos & Boudin
- Episode 19: America Eats
- Episode 10: Dissident Kitchens
*Be aware that some episode might have slightly different titles.